The 9 Best Areas to Decorate for the Holidays
1. The Front Porch: This is the ideal spot to make huge holiday statement to your guests, both those who drive by those who come in. Mix some cornstalks, pumpkins, and a cute bench with some fall inspired pillows and you are set. And Don't forget the wreath on the front door!
2. The Entry or Foyer Table: This is the next best area to make a fun Fall Décor impression, bonus you get to look at it everyday as well! Add some shiny candlesticks with some fall colored candles, a fun burlap banner, and some cute little pumpkins.
3. Fireplace Mantle & Hearth: This a key area to add a fall feeling to your home. You can either add a few fun pieces to your already existing mantle décor, or start with a clean slate and totally deck it out!
4. Open Shelving: Most of us have an entertainment center or bookcase that is the focal point of our Living Room, and most of them have open shelving. What a fun place to add a little Fall flair to your space. I suggest adding some fun pieces to your existing shelves, and clearing out a few shelves and starting from scratch.
5. Dining Table &/or Breakfast Nook: These spaces don't require a ton, just something simple that makes an impression. I love to use pinecones, leaves, candles all placed in a beautiful tray. A fall table runner will also be a great addition.
6. Pantry Door: Just a simple wreath on this sometimes forgotten door is so important to bringing that Fall feeling into your Kitchen. Its the room most of us spend a lot of our time in so you might as well add some Décor here too!
7. Kitchen Countertop or Island: Most of us have a few empty areas here where adding some Fall Décor would be awesome! So when your sitting there in your Kitchen making pies or sugar cookies, lets bring that season inside.
8. Stairway: Banners and railings are fun spots to add some Fall touches. Personally I have a large window with a wide windowsill in my Entry that I love to create some fun arrangements.
9. Coffee Table: Thisis another area that is often overlooked as a place to add those Fall touches to. You can keep it simple, similar to the Dining Table, just enough to make a statement.