Alright guys, so have any of you been pricing furniture lately.... its a good little chunk of change isn't it?! And when we do invest in some nice furniture pieces like a sofa, recliner, or dining table how many of you want them to last a long time? I'm pretty sure that's most of you! However, sometimes they don't always last as long as we'd like them to, or perhaps our kids decide to use them as a trampoline or notepad. Styles of furniture also change pretty fast, which tends to leave our once perfect home feeling a little dated.
Well this week I've got 8 Ways to help you Save Money on Furniture. Whether your in the market for new furniture or trying to extend the life of your existing pieces I've got some tips that will help everyone out.
8 Ways to Save Money on Furniture
1. When selecting large furniture items such as a sofa, recliner, or dining table go for neutral colors. Neutral colors are generally cheaper because the manufacturer can sell more of them. As colors and styles change its also easier just to switch out some accent pillows or a throw blanket to meet the current design trends.
2. Shop online. This allows you to compare prices between retailers, read product reviews, and become informed on all the options/upgrades that are available. Most places also offer free shipping on big ticket items.
3. When your local furniture store advertises a "BIG SALE" I suggest going to the store a week before the sale to check prices. Usually the so called sale price is more than the normal price because of how they mark up their items. So just be cautious of "SALE" prices.
4. I would recommend checking out Clearance Items, or Dented Items in a furniture store because they are priced to move. You can also get a great deal on their floor models.
5. Did you know that if you are nice to a salesperson you could get a discount?! As a former salesperson, I can confirm that this is true :) I knew what the markup was, and how low I could discount the item and still make the store profit!
6. Thrift Stores, Flea Markets, Garage Sales. Estate Sales are all great places to get some great finds for a fraction of the cost. There are also Warehouse deals online, such as Amazon Warehouse Deals, where they have items that have been returned but are still in great condition.
7. There's also good old paint or spray paint that can transform almost anything into something bright and fun again. There is paint available for every possible surface, from countertops to floors!
8. Sometimes the option of building a furniture piece can be less expensive than purchasing one already made. This is where the internet and Pinterest come into play with so many "How To & DIY" Tutorials out there. I'm pretty sure you could find instructions on how to make anything!
What’s Your Interior Design Style? Take my Style Quiz to find out!
Get the Look: Living Room Sofas
One item every home needs to have is a nice comfy place to sit and relax; whether your chatting about the days events or watching a favorite show on TV. Here are three of my favorite sofas right now, all in a neutral color palette, and in three different price ranges to fit every budget. This week I've teamed up with Wayfair.com and have the links posted below for more info about each product.
Top 10: Base Furniture Pieces.
Here are some of my 'Faves' for the Top 10 Base Furniture Pieces for the week. I wanted to give you some ideas of furniture items that are a great price, have a great shape and style (which will help it stay in fashion for awhile), and have some great neutral tones to match almost anything. These pieces are also all from Wayfair.com, click the links below for more product info.
1. TV Stand: http://bit.ly/29GjmXV
2. Arm Chair: http://bit.ly/29ujlSI
3. Coffee Table: http://bit.ly/29x8bNO
4. Bookcase: http://bit.ly/29ytdwU
5. Round Dining Table: http://bit.ly/29rYtgf
6. Bar Stool: http://bit.ly/29y38za
7. Console Table: http://bit.ly/29Ot2kd
8. End Table: http://bit.ly/29AytCo
9. Chaise Lounge: http://bit.ly/29OtxLb
10. Rectangle Dining Table: http://bit.ly/29x9tZr
Are you loving my Interior Design Style and want to start an online interior design project with me? Check out my design services and see how we can collaborate!
I hope this week I've given you some great tips to help you save money on your furniture purchases. Buying furniture can be sooo stressful and time consuming, right?! So I hope you are able to apply some of my tips and help the process go a little smoother and bonus...... save money while your doing it! Feel free to share or pin this info for later :)
If you would like Interior Design help Contact Me or email me at Jessica@jessicaharrisinteriors.com and I would love to help you create your "Dream" space! You can also visit my Services tab to see what is included in my Design Services. See you next week!! :)